BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking for advice, will 9.5 inch rears fit onto my convertible, if so what size tyres do i go for 255 or 245? thanks!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
You'll have arch issues. What diameter wheel are you going to be running?

The answer depends on offset of wheel and size and edge of tyre (rounded/square where tread meets sidewall)

When I was in the trade this type of wheel would always have a trial fit done first to determine if and what issues may be encountered:thumbsup

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the offset of these wheels are et45 and they are 18s, if thats any help to u rym!! ive seen a pic of them on an e36 m3 coupe, they look tight n jus wondered if there would be issues with puttin them on a convertible! thanks for ur help mate!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also i would use a 35 profile tyre to further help any clearence issues i could have!

·
Registered
77 Posts
this is what i had today on my 1996 318is coupe

the tyre guru down the road from me nagged me to bring a rear wheel down for him to try on the bmw as i was going anyway to pick up the spare for my hyundai coupe

9j 255 x 35 x 18 rear et45

with 2 people in the back and 2 in the front he could get 2 fingers clearence

he was happy with it and quoted me 60 per tyre

if your rear hub ect is the same as mine i would slap 1 on down the local tyre centre and see what they say

but mabe the m3 setup is different to mine

·
Registered
77 Posts
You'll have arch issues. What diameter wheel are you going to be running?

The answer depends on offset of wheel and size and edge of tyre (rounded/square where tread meets sidewall)

When I was in the trade this type of wheel would always have a trial fit done first to determine if and what issues may be encountered:thumbsup

verry true as well my rears were square cut side walls

ie the tyre aint wider than the rim, if they were rounded it would have been touch and go i think

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
think i mite just stick to 8.5s or 9in rears to save any clearence probs, thanks guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.