BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Does your air con look like the one in the link and does it use the module also listed?

• I have checked and can confirm that it does use the module

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to fault find a problem on my coupe at the moment and need to try and determine which heater control unit it originally had fitted despite me not using the air conditioning on my car.

The question I have to all E36 owners is, do you know if your heater/air con panel that looks like this http://i6.ebayimg.com/01/i/001/3e/11/7fff_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007 uses this module http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BF92&mospid=47432&btnr=64_0559&hg=64&fg=45 which is positioned behind/beneath the sunglasses holder behind the gearstick and below the On Board Computer/ clock&date display?

I know this module was used on the M3 donor that my loom and engine came from. Due to all the air con being destroyed in a front end smash I decided that I wouldn't fit the air con and just used my 318is heater matrix as it was less grief at the time.

I would appreciate it if any member with the heater control panel shown in the link could check their vehicle and post to confirm whether or not that particular unit uses the module in the link above:thumbsup

Thanks in advance:thumbsup

·
Registered
8 Posts
A20RYM,

I used to retro-fit IHKA heater systems into new vehicles when working for the main dealer.
Please PM me if you still have issues and I will see what I can do??

Kind Regards
Peter

Managing Director PMW Ltd

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Peter, I've made a decision and decided to rip out the M3 loom that I fitted and take a 1996 E36 328 loom with no air con and fit that instead:thumbsup

I'm also getting the heater matrix and wiper motor supplied with the loom:thumbsup

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.