BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there chaps,

I´m after a new CD player for the Convertible but I would really like one that matches the rest of the display for the climate control and OBC so i need something that lights up red?

What do you chaps have or can recommend?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Does BT and iPod too. Think £300 is where it is at. Whilst not cheap it's glorious quality, and if £100 of that is what you'll pay for a BT car kit then it's not too bad.

Edit: side on view.

They also did a negative display traffic pro optional extra. You'll not have BT and need an ipod adaptor for this old warhorse.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks again, its the exact look I'm after and quality is just as important. Are they compatible with CD changers? or can a becker cd changer be purchased?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Yes Becker do a CDC. Can't use the BMW one though, I think it's Blaupunkt, Phillips or Alpine depending on the vehicle. ebay.de is a good place for something like that.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Its impossible to get one TBH. I'm after one myself for 3-4 month now. They sold out everywhere on the net. There was a couple for sale on ebay before xmas, both went for £280-300(used ones). There are blue and yellow illumination available,but the red ones very rare atm. OEM look of this becker is excellent. If you find any drop a link:thumbsup

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks chaps, It will be the last thing i buy before the car comes back with me to Barcelona at easter so I have until then to find one.

I wont pay more than 300 for one and that has to be for a new one as that getting into flip down TV thingymjig money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The kenwood bt50u has a function that you change the colour of the backlight thats the reason i bought it so i could keep the same colour as the rest of the dash and switches . Hope this helps

·
Registered
161 Posts
The kenwood bt50u has a function that you change the colour of the backlight thats the reason i bought it so i could keep the same colour as the rest of the dash and switches . Hope this helps
Would you post a picture of the dash(night time) for us please?:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry to dig this one up but thought I would rather than start a new one.

Did you ever find a source for a 7992 other than ebay? Or another stereo with matched illumination?

Might be looking at a Becker 7922, any ideas if the illumnination in this unit matches the e36 cabin?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to dig this one up but thought I would rather than start a new one.

Did you ever find a source for a 7992 other than ebay? Or another stereo with matched illumination?

Might be looking at a Becker 7922, any ideas if the illumnination in this unit matches the e36 cabin?
You can change the colour on many Alpine HU's to match the clocks I'd to whichever colour you fancy.The Becker does look the dogs danglies though if u can get one :thumbsup

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can change the colour on many Alpine HU's to match the clocks I'd to whichever colour you fancy.The Becker does look the dogs danglies though if u can get one :thumbsup
Had an older 'glide touch' HU which had a good colour (if not style match). This got pinched so replaced with a newer one (XDA100 or something) - the colour match wasn't as good plus it looks rather out of place. Think the search for a Becker continues!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts