BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
e36 haynes manual, is 1996 'N' same as a 1996 'P' engine

hi, i'm gonna buy a haynes manual as its handy for picture reference and i can't keep takin my laptop outside when messin about doing the dirtier jobs on my BM as i know its gonna get broke, my better half bought it me for crimbo and she is also fed up of me in 'n' out of the house viewing laptop.
so my question is this --- my car is a e36 316i 1996 'P'. BUT i can only get a haynes manual that covers the e36 1996 upto 'N' in local spares shops. is there any difference between a 1996 'N' and a 1996 'P' engine? Do you think it will be any use for my 'P' reg?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
820 Posts
Mine covers 3-series from Apr 1991 to 1999 (H to V registration) Petrol.
Its number 3210:thumbsup

Edit: Just read NealPs link its the same one:footinmouth

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for that maties, gonna check out ebay 1st and see if i can get a bargain! if not halfrauds it will have to be. :thumbsup

·
Registered
71 Posts
got my haynes from ebay,er £1.70 i think i paid.:thumbsup
number 3210.green outer cover

·
Registered
33 Posts
As long as it is not a compact u shouldnt have trouble finding one as i have a compact and no manual seems to cover the compact any ideas any1??????

·
Registered
11 Posts
As long as it is not a compact u shouldnt have trouble finding one as i have a compact and no manual seems to cover the compact any ideas any1??????
I've heard that the Chiltons manual does compacts, but can't give you an expert opinion on what it's like I'm afraid :frown

·
Registered
20 Posts
i just use the 3210 manual for my compact
the only difference is the rear off the car,and anything that end of the car pretty simple anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.