BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, im being lazy here but can anyone tell me what size the standard speakers are in the footwells of an e36? Just wondering if anyone knows? Cheers guys. :thumbsup

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi mate,

The speaker sizes for the E36 Saloon are as follows;

Front: 13cm Components
Rear: 13cm Components or Coaxials or even 6x9's with the correct pods.

The sizes are slightly different on the Coupe/Compact/Touring I believe, maybe someone else can confirm this?

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sure the depth would be fine coz there is quite a lot of room behind them. The only thing is that you might not get the trims back over the front. I would try to get some flush ones. :thumbsup

·
Registered
710 Posts
Luckily, I have a spare set of BMW 3 series speakers sat in a carrier bag about 10 feet away, so I'll get the measurements and report back in about an hour...I'm lazy today!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Ok, so maybe an hour was a little bit of an over estimate. I made myself get up! haha

The stock speakers, which I'll take some pictures of later and post them up with the dimensions for future reference.

However, I babble on a little... The stock speakers are 13cm diameter, and 50mm deep (from the rear of the magnet to the mounting bracket)

·
Platinum BFuk Member
820 Posts
Ok, so maybe an hour was a little bit of an over estimate. I made myself get up! haha

The stock speakers, which I'll take some pictures of later and post them up with the dimensions for future reference.

However, I babble on a little... The stock speakers are 13cm diameter, and 50mm deep (from the rear of the magnet to the mounting bracket)
Did you ever get round to putting them pics up?

You said the speakers are 50mm from mounting bracket to back of magnet, is there any room behind them?
In the footwell?

Cos all the speakers Ive seen are around 60mm mounting depth.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Stevey, you are in luck mate. Ive a speaker on my desk and the footwell stripped out in mine. Ill get some pics up tomorrow for you if thats ok mate:thumbsup
Pm me to remind me later :thumbsup:thumbsup

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi mate,

The speaker sizes for the E36 Saloon are as follows;

Front: 13cm Components
Rear: 13cm Components or Coaxials or even 6x9's with the correct pods.

The sizes are slightly different on the Coupe/Compact/Touring I believe, maybe someone else can confirm this?
Although the size is quoted at 13cm (5 1/4"), I have actually fitted 6" speakers in there without any modification at all... 17mm (6 1/2") is a no go though.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is the standard speaker and the depth is 60mm

Here is inside the a panel in the passenger footwell, there is quite a lot of room but you will have to move the drain tube, i checked and it does seem to move a lot. :thumbsup

The only thing to check is that when i removed them from my other car there was a lot of soundproofing there that wasnt in the 318. I used 60mm depth speakers in there so i kept the soundproofing.

Hope this helps a bit mate :thumbsup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts