BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
E36 Coupe Door Card repairs

I'm investigating repairing both my front and rear door cards the inserts with cloth are sagging

Ive seen a few posts but no real replies on them.

For those who are familiar the door card inserts are glued to the main door card, and the cloth in turn in glued to these. The inserts that hold the material be it leather /vinyl or cloth cards cant be removed from the main door card but the material can be potential replaced.

1. Anybody have any experience of repairing these ?

2 I have seen pre-made leather inserts on ebay anybody know if these are any good see attached, or have experience of them

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have replace a damaged inner doorcard, The inner doorcard has guidepins that that goes through the outer doorcard and is hold in place by a circlip springwasher. If you see glue on there it means the guide pins were broken of and glued onto the outer panel

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have replace a damaged inner doorcard, The inner doorcard has guidepins that that goes through the outer doorcard and is hold in place by a circlip springwasher. If you see glue on there it means the guide pins were broken of and glued onto the outer panel
I've had the car for 18 years and the inserts are as original don't think the previous owner would have cause to repair.

I double checked couldn't see anything on the inner inserts. Its the brownish/yellow part of the door card I'm referring to removing from the actual door card so I can re-upholster. They are glued only

removedfront.jpg
front facing
removedrear.jpg
rear facing

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is what my 95 E 36 inner panel looks like.

Notice the pins on the inner panel that goes through the outer panel. The panels was repaired once and all the pins broke off and the previous owner just glued the panel back which came loose after a few years

doorpanel (1).jpg

doorpanel (4).jpg

doorpanel (3).jpg

doorpanel (2).jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is what my 95 E 36 inner panel looks like.

Notice the pins on the inner panel that goes through the outer panel. The panels was repaired once and all the pins broke off and the previous owner just glued the panel back which came loose after a few years

View attachment 255161

View attachment 255165

View attachment 255167

View attachment 255163
Interesting, UK or US models post 96 dont have this on Coupes for sure.

Your insert looks plastic in the back. Here they are made of a fibre cardbord that will snap if you try to pry it.

Is yours a coupe or Salon/touring

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is a job I need to do on my 1995 318i saloon. As far as I'm aware the inserts are removable. When I get round to doing this particular job, I'll be making a video and posting it to YouTube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts