BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a 95 318is coupe with a window issue, previous owner wired in a complicated alarm system with window closer that didn't work and had to use ugly non standard switch. Problem here was the window didn't open and close the 5mm when closing door. Long story short I wired back in factory switch that works when connected to passenger side and reconnected factory wiring points, the window only inches down but not up just clicks . When power applied directly to motor it's fine. Although now the open close 5mm function works . So I hunted around found the window module ( not comfort relay) big black module and tested both windows with multi meter on the circuit board the passenger window gives 12v as expected but the drivers just nothing , I can hear the little relay click but no pins are powered , also when I lifted module out I can hear something loose in the little relay on circuit board so I'm guessing it's the module that's at fault however in hours of searching it's very rarely mentioned , any ideas guys?
Scott

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so I found a new module but before buying it I decided to test using carsoft and when all functions are activated by pc using zke function both windows work, there are no error codes now and I've swapped switches and they both work but when pressing drivers switch it inches down but won't go up, any ideas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts