BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going against what I believe, I used one of those hand car wash places as I have been snowed under working for the past few months (hence not being online much). Upon returning home, I noticed they'd kindly ripped the lacquer clear off the rear spoiler, :censored knows how (on the left had side, but due to the damage further water will get under the remaining lacquer).

Fact, I need to have my spoiler resprayed or replaced (must be done as I'm looking to change the 328i). The picture below shows the style of spoiler I currently have (hella one I think) minus the damage. To try and save time, I'm going ring around some BMW breakers on the off chance they may have the M-tech style spoiler (which is more common) in the same colour as my car. If they have one, does anyone know if any further modifications would be required to fit the M-tech style spoiler?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not into despoilering then? That was always on my to do list when I had my 328 as I think it looks much cleaner without.
If i take off the spoiler then there will be (I assume) holes showing ... not good for when I find what I'm looking for and trade it in!

Some E36's look great without a spoiler and some don't.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you went spoilerless you'd need fill they holes and get it sprayed... Personally (my opinion) i think you should have a spoiler on it. They look like somethings missing without. Can't tell you about the hole situ though.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had no luck breakers, all got spoilers but nothing in my colour. As a result, I've decided to contact a local body shop and get them to repaint the one that I already have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.