BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone replaced the speakers in a e36 convert?

mine are starting to sound like they are farting abit :embarrassed, want some feed back as to whats out there to replace them.

Thanks in advance:thumbsup

·
Registered
851 Posts
Whats your price range mate?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hmmm... For the money i'd suggest going for the best infinity speakers you can get for your budget..

probably the 'Reference' range, but have a look on ebay and see if you can get the 'Perfects' very good quality speakers.

Alpine ar also very good, however their lower range speakers tend to be a bit weak. I've got the Type X range and they are brilliant IMHO. May be able to get some Typr R's for that price range :thumbsup

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers mate,

I will scan the web in abit, dont want nothing that will wake the grannies up, just something that will sound clear and better than standard.

Thanks again for the info:thumbsup

·
Registered
851 Posts
Infinity will be perfect then... their speakers are all about sound quality not gut thumping SPL :thumbsup

And all on a relativley tight budget :hihi

Let me know what you decide mate :thumbsup

·
Registered
851 Posts
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/3915.html

Consider these for example as they're on offer now :D

Only thing is the sensitivity is relatively high as is the rated power. So they wont sound fantastic without an external amp.

But with the saving that your making on those particular speakers you could afford to splash out on a nice mid range 4 channel amp :thumbsup

Which i would highly advise. People think 'if i buy really good speakers, i'll get really good sound quality', this is true to a degree but the amp driving the speakers plays a much bigger role in SQ :thumbsup

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers,

Are those speakers for the front only?

as want to do the fronts and rears, my car is under cover at the mo and cant be asked to go uncover and look if there are 2 sets of speakers in the front, only had it for a few weeks and this is the last to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.