BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Been looking at buying a set of lowering springs for my compact for a while now but I want some advise/ opinions for the following:-

I want to lower it at the front by quite a bit but still leave a gap for clearance and not have too much trouble getting over speed bumps.

If i can help it I would like the Rear arches to sit just above the rear tyres not have them cover the tyre at all.

Hopefully this will give me a racked look.

Any suggestions on spring heights and makes.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
you would be looking at a 40mm drop for a nice look and still very drivable for everyday and in the past ive always used PI springs as they come with a lifetime warrenty and ther not to harsh or too soft just nice

www.potn.co.uk

Or try the hottuning coilovers in the traders section i have these fitted to my current E36 and they are very good and cheap

·
Registered
255 Posts
If your shock absorbers are all in good nick then I would just say go for some 40mm lowering springs, saying that this depends if you going to drop it 40 then wish that you could have it lower or maybe even higher for a long trip.

All in all I would say that coilovers would come in handy for anyone at a decent price online and if you sell the car then the standard stuff can go back on and you could recoup some money with the coilovers.

Just my thoughts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts