BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its going to be a bit of a beast eventually. Planning using the 1.6 engine with a heavy rebuild and putting it on throttle bodies, making it as light as possible. completly stripped out and plastic windows. Pro flex suspension all round. a lsd. possible gearbox rebuild but not sure yet. its going to be great fun along the way and am sure i will have loads of questions lol.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry i have got the subject wrong its an E36 sorry about that. Anyway i got the car delivered yesterday. I will upload some pics at lunch.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are the latest progress photos of the car. As you can see the interior is vertually stripped out apart from the heater and wiring. exterior the front end is stripped and rear bumper is off, so far so good.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just had a break to do the gardening (at the request of the girlfriend) for a few weeks so i am back on the case tonight, planning on finishing the interior stip out if i can figure out how to remove the heater assembly.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right then all the wiring is out along with the heater. The fuel tank is next to come out i must remember to drain the fuel first! Then i will get it on axle stands and remove all the running gear, engine and gearbox.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right then can anyone help me i need to remove the steering column but i cant get it out. Where the column passes through the bulkhead i have unbolted a clamp type bolt between the bulkhead and just above a cv joint and tried pulling but it didnt shift I have also removed all fixing from inside the car. Also are there any bolt that secure the prop shaft in to the gearbox side or does it just pull out?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I assuming you've undone the bolt on the CV joint, thats what your pointing to. pretty sure these are just splined, may take a bit of wiggling to get it free, it should pull out of the joint with a bit of force :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Steering column is now out, took a bit of elbow grease but got there in the end. All the front suspension is now removed aswell ready for the engine and gearbox to drop out this weekend fingers crossed that will go a lot easier.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.