BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
E36 Compact Red - BMW 17" BBS RC041's - What Colour?

Been offered a swap for my 18"s bwm wheels which are the same as these:

http://www.gumtree.com/london/99/70670099.html

With 2 brand new tyres (Cheap tyres) and two 3mm tyres

Been offered some 17" BBS RC041's with a refurb of my choice (paint not polished lip) and 4 X 3-5mm tyres.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=639836&page=2

Same as the wheels on the above link :)

Two things really guys, is it worth doing? and number two, what colours?

Silver outer rim with black center? All Silver?

My compact is hellrot red with a black bumper and skirts.

Thanks for any "helpful" comments in advance

·
Registered
776 Posts
I'd go with RC041s if it was me. I think 18s are too big on a compact. Why can you not get them polished?

I'd get the bumpers colour coded as well.

·
Registered
386 Posts
rc041s are nice and will be putting my set on my compact when eventually refurbed ..

·
Registered
387 Posts
rc041s allday long mate.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers for the input guys. Looking at getting an m3 front bumper then painting the skirts but that's not untill coilovers and wheels are sorted! Oh and diff :)

I could just get the wheels as they are in need of a refurb and polish them up or get them refurbed gold in the middle with the silver lip? Could look good??

·
Registered
387 Posts
just silver

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had 18" sat on 100+ MIRAGE off-set = 37mm tyres 225/40 zr18 92w xl on my compact ,no rubbing and no other issues , although i did not lower my car as we have the the speed bumps from hell round here.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Go for the RC's, they look stunning when refurbed. As for colour theme, I'd go (I will, in fact, when I'll eventually get my set refurbed) for something this:

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice Mistreku! Might have got hold of an m3 front bumper aswell which should go well with the wheels.

Still can't decice on colours I just think plain silver with a polished lip won't be enough for me!

Got 18"s on at the moment and the front arches are rubbing and tyres aren't too cheap either!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts