BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently stripped my R53 Mini race car for parts and decided to put my big boy pants on and buy something RWD to race :geek:

The target is for it to start in 750MC Roadsports and the Armed Forces Race Challenge for couple years to learn the car and a different driving style. After that I'd like to to take it into Club Enduro.

I'll be targeting Class B which is 240hp/ton not incl driver so I need approx 270hp based in an estimated 1150kg weight.

I bought the car as a package. It was partially stripped already and had a full cage but no running gear or engine. The cage however was very poorly welded and would never have passed scrutineering or protected me in a crash. With the E36 I also got an E46 330 convertible which is being used as the engine, gearbox and wiring donor.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light

Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire

Key work so far is the installation of 80L ATL tank which involved removing the old one, cutting the floor out and signing in the aluminium container as low as it would go.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Light Automotive tire

Brown Wood Brick Gas Font

Wood Gas Machine Engineering Metal

Gas Engineering Space Composite material Metal

Motor vehicle Hood Light Vehicle Automotive design

The subframes have also been removed, strengthened, powder coated, have new bearings and will be ready to fit over the next week or two once the rear bushes arrive.

Wood Bicycle part Gas Auto part Engineering

Wood Tool Motor vehicle Gas Art

Give my inst and fb a follow

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/chequebookra...4QFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3JVYOHEAYFkV9Cs-loISTG

Instagram

·
Registered
'04 330d Sport Auto, '99 523i SE Saloon
730 Posts
Whats the advantage of / requirement for the internally mounted fuel tank?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats the advantage of / requirement for the internally mounted fuel tank?
It's an 80l tank which should allow for 90-120mins run time. It also allows me to run different fuel filler options for faster refueling in pitstops which is key for club enduro when I eventually have a punt at it.

I will also be getting a radium fuel cell surge tank setup to go with it so I'll be able to run it down to less than 2 litres without surge.

It's mounted as low as it can go without hitting the propshaft and as its not saddled it protrudes upwards.

·
Registered
'04 330d Sport Auto, '99 523i SE Saloon
730 Posts
Ah wow, I'd never considered the issue of refuelling times for an endurance racer but now it makes sense.
Is the supercharge a kit unit or has it been adapted from another car?
That bits giving me some ideas for my E39 :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts