BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a how to guide to fit a central locking button.

Now you could get an oem button for this mod but its like £25-30 so i just bought a button from maplins.

So first we remove the glove box, 2 screws in either vent, open the lid u will see 2 screws on either side as well as 2 further down.

Once the box is removed u need to find the purple plug, unplug it and find pin 19 tap a wire into this and run it to your switch, then use another wire from the switch to the red of the stereo for example this will be your power source and thats it, you should end up with something like this.

heres a pic

and a video of it working sorry about the quality been recorded on my phone.

YouTube - Video-0009.mp4

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Nice guide :thumbsup

One thing I would suggest though, is taking a power feed from the fag lighter, it would be much easier... I don't know about anybody else, but behind my stereo is just a jumbled mess of wires, and i'll never take the stereo out until the day the car leaves me !

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ drewlad yes mate i moved them by extending the wires think the dimmer one the hole needs a little cutting so that it pops in properly not sure if it was dimmer or the headlight adjustment.

Thanks gents i will get pictures up for this guide.

·
Registered
387 Posts
good mod that mite try this.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Done this to mine today. Easy mod only took me 15 mins to do:D

·
Registered
194 Posts
I like this mod, is a just a lock and unlock for inside the car? As in putting your door pin down, and then pulling the door handle once to unlock? Just the same, but a button for this?

·
Registered
56 Posts
My 98 328 sport locks the doors as soon as I start the engine (as long as the doors are closed)...... Is this te a feature only for older e36?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts