BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My '95 328i coupe has a stock exhaust, looking to upgrade so if anyone has any recommendations.

Looking for the following:
  • Decat system, but allows the cat to be easily refitted for MOT's
  • Something to make the exhaust note a bit more prominent, but I don't want too much attention from the fuzz - so not mega loud.
  • Looks good and low maintenance.

·
Registered
78 Posts
sorry to steal the thread but im also interested in a new exhaust. doesnt fitting a new exhaust mean that the both butterfly valve will always be opened?
If you replace your exhaust then your butterfly valve will still be attached to your old exhaust, so open or closed it is irrelevant.
Plus there is only one valve for one side of the exhaust.

Guys if your after an exhaust for power gains you're gonna be dissapointed. Stock systems flow well and standard motors and very little performance gains are to be had bar of course with the de-cat.

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
Guy;s,

Have a butchers at the Bimmerforums Vendors, Motech are offering a discount to members for decat pipe and scorpion systems.
Good advice.

Motech stock the scorpion systems and de cat pipes or back boxes....

and Scorpion are the ones I would advice you both to buy even if Motech didnt sell them!

Well made and good gains when used in conjunction with some other mods.

As Mike says, an exhaust alone will not release huge power on an NA car however a decat makes a big difference and also the SOUND ..... is worth the cost for a new system alone :D

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Scorpion all the way:thumbsup

Had them on the coupe when it was 1.8 16v and now the motorsport lump. Excellent product and even better customer service when required:thumbsup

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Always had Scorpion on my 325i Sport, Celica and 2 for my motorbike. Great price, fit is always spot on and exact! Never had any reliability issues over 7 years!

For something that is made for the car, not overly expensive but a quality product, Scorpion will not dissapoint.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts