BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the battery need to be connected to remove the windows or can they be removed with no power.

i ask because i will need to cut the wires to the fogs and am not sure if this will short out the system once the battery is connected.

cheers

Morgan

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
Yes the battery will need to be connected as the windows need to be most of the way down to unclip the arms from the plastic clips in the runners but as long as the lights and fog lights aren't turned on while the battery is connected you won't short the system out

·
Registered
564 Posts
No the battery doesnt have to be hooked up! the windows are better off in the closed position out of the way while you dremmel the rivets that hold the mechanism in place unless you have been lucky and got just nuts and bolts holding the window in place? either way...window up is easier, then once your mechanism is unbolted you move the arms to release them from the window which you will see when you are lowering the windows....the retainers become visible and easier to remove when lowering your window

·
Platinum BFuk Member
153 Posts
No the battery doesnt have to be hooked up! the windows are better off in the closed position out of the way while you dremmel the rivets that hold the mechanism in place unless you have been lucky and got just nuts and bolts holding the window in place? either way...window up is easier, then once your mechanism is unbolted you move the arms to release them from the window which you will see when you are lowering the windows....the retainers become visible and easier to remove when lowering your window
My apologies didn't think about the fact that you'd probably be also taking the regulator and motor out but since your breaking the car you probably are and this way would be easier!! It was getting late last night and thats my excuse!!! ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts