BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for anyone thinking about the kit you may wish to consider some spacers on the front. i havent got mine sorted yet but i expect to use 10mm with my standard wheels and unknown with my e46 wheels! i was pissed as its sold as a kit that fits but it doesnt for me. the quality of the kit was top knotch very impressed. shame it wont bolt straight on

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
This is a very well documented problem on the forum!

The kit ideally should INCLUDE 3/5mm spacers for the fronts. This has been suggested in the past.

10mm spacers will be far too much:thumbsup

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have just found this out the hard way & am pi**ed off with HotTuning. We had to go with 5mm spacers and I cant use my alloys on the front. I have had to go with the original 15" BM wheels on the front WITH 5mm SPACERs. Cant believe they sell this as working with a 328i when it does not fit. Plus the id**ts sent me e46 ones to begin with, whenI clearly said they were for a May 97 e36 328i saloon. That caused me lots of grief & I had to take a day off work to get the wrong ones picked up.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
The search function is fantastic for this sort of thing..

Shed loads of threads/posts about maybe needing spacers. Mr Hottunning doesn't know what wheels/et/size everyone has. Nothing is simple in this life.
A feck up with the e46 ones being sent granted. Do some research before hand though imo :)

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have just found this out the hard way & am pi**ed off with HotTuning. We had to go with 5mm sopacers and I cant use my alloys, which came off an e46. I have had to go with the original 15" BM wheels on the front WITH 5mm SPACERs. Cant believe they sell this as working with a 328i when it does not fit. Plus the id**ts sent me e46 ones to begin with, whenI clearly said they were for a May 97 e36 328i saloon. That caused me lots of grief & I had to take a day off work to get the wrong ones picked up.
temper temper lol Ive dealt with Hottuning and it was a brilliant service, sending out E46 is just a human error and as for spacers it does state in the sale thread spacers may be required iirc and ive had to use 5mm spacers on my M3 wheels.

as said before theres loads of threads about these coilovers including a how to guide written by me fr fittting these and 5mm spaers being used. :thumbsup

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
As said, you can't help the E46 coilovers being sent - Thats human error, and i'm sure Hottuning will be more than apologetic for it !

As for the spacers, it's very well documented !

I got 5mm spacers on mine, with standard alloys, and you couldn't put a fag paper between the tyre and coilover :rofl

·
Registered
157 Posts
temper temper lol Ive dealt with Hottuning and it was a brilliant service, sending out E46 is just a human error and as for spacers it does state in the sale thread spacers may be required iirc and ive had to use 5mm spacers on my M3 wheels.
Well i did not find the whole thing that funny & neither did my wallet. Thay have sent the wrong kit to quite a few people now, it is well documented! Now I dont call that human error but I wont say what I do call it. Not a very good businessman in my book

When you ask them specfically will it fit without problems on a May 97 e36 328i sedan & they Yes, then I expect it to fit. If you have to mess around with 5mm spacers just to get the factory wheels to fit then I think that is really bad. The fact that several people on here have also had bad & expensive problems with these coilovers does not come into it. If they said they would fit & they dont then that is not what I call being honest at all. Now I have factory wheels on the front & my alloys on the back, just so I can go to work to get the money to pay for the extra hours my garage spent working all this out. I had to take a day off work to be there when the e46 coilovers were picked up & now I have to sell my old alloys, then buy a new set that will fit.... Not impressed with Hot Tuning at all......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts