BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So these past few weeks i'v noticed a rattle that sounds like its coming from the bottom end, it isnt a constant sound more random and sounds like something is loose or like a stone in a can. It seems to happen more when the engine is warm also. Car seems to pull fine altho i think the noise increases with acceleration maybe, its hard to hear when driving. Any suggestions?

On a seperate note:

Plugged the car it into the reader a few weeks ago and got a code 'Output stage for o2 sensor heater. Sensor 2 cylinders 4-6' suggesting a dodgy o2 sensor which we replaced. Now the cars throwing the same code only with a new code now, 'CB Oxygen - sensor control limit cylinders 4-6'.

-The car will drop in rpm when u pull up to the traffic lights or very occasionally when u are just idling.
-Theres also the odd splutter from the exhaust when u lift off the throttle
-Before replacing the sensor it smelt very rich which it now doesn't so the sensor stopped that atleast.

Im planning on changing the oil soon so i'm considering dropping the sump to have a look before i do. What do you think? Any ideas?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had a similar sound on my E36 M3 evo, found metal in the oil.,, so its obviously bottom end damage of some sort. Luckily not driven it too much, would probably be advisable not to drive it until you know what it is...?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
starting to think it may be a dodgy DMF :/ could have been abit of a over reaction freak out when i herd rattles. I'll be doing the oil soon so cant hurt checking for metal while im at it :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts