BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got any links to people who have done this. The car is an e36 328i and me and a friend are either going to turbo charge the 2.8 or swap for the e46 m3 engine. Any information for budget ie whats needed or how to links would be amazing.

Many thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked a million times before. I did search though but no help.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
The main problem you will have is not fitting the engine, it is the electrics as the e46 M3 engine is electric throttle control, plus the rest.

Also the e46 M3 engine is only around 10bhp more than the e36 M3 Evo engine, so I know what I'd fit

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks Ronnie,

Its all up in the air at the moment, to what we want to sink our teeth into so to speak. The e46 might be more work but it would be cool to do rather than just bolting in and out with little work. My mate is also thinking the boosted option would be more cost affective as a bang for yah buck thing. Most of the work can be done buy one of us so hopefully it shouldnt be much of a problem. Well i say shouldnt!!!

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.