BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok the whole of the interior is now out except for the back rest. i have removed the 2 clips from in the boot but i cannot find any others either under the seat or in the boot. its not the folding type seat. does anyone have any ideas.

also i will be removing the fuel pump. the is probably about 1 litre of fuel left in the tank. is it best to vent the car before working on the pump?

any help much appreciated

cheers

morgan

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry and also the steering wheel.

i have loosened the main nut but i have pulled it off and it is connected by some sort of wiring/brush. do i take this small unit out also?

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
The back seat back should just pull up. There are sometimes two plastic nuts where the centre seatbelt mounts are. If they are not there just grip the seat at the bottom where the centre seatbelts are and pull the whole unit up towards the roof. Sometimes they do need a good tug. :thumbsup
Before you work on the fuel pump i would disconnect the battery and remove it from the boot.
The steering wheel sound like the air bag connections, i cant remember but i think you can unplug the wire from the slip ring. If you do remove the slip ring make sure it goes back in the same position and try not to turn it or you will create an air bag fault. When you put it back together make sure you connect the battery up as your last job or you will create an air bag fault.
:thumbsup

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice one. the seats came out. it turned out it was just clipped onto two metal brackets behind the seat. at first i didnt want to pull on it incase it tore something.

i'll have to look at the steering wheel. there doesn't seem to be any way of disconnecting the slip ring from the steering wheel. other than 3 screws which i may attack later

cheers for the help

morgan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts