BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you can help.

I have e36 325i which has been written off thanks to white van man. The damage could be repaired but the car wouldnt be as strong as it used to be. My question is i allso have a e36 318 with a blown engine. Is it possible to swap the 325i into the 318's engine bay and if so what else would i need. the 325i engine and parts are to good to just scrap and the 318 has a perfect body. So have the 325i and all the parts spare ..

Cheers for any help guys.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link. Decided not to bother swaping engines so went out and brought myself a 1992 325i coupe and take all the new parts and none standered parts from my old 325i. The strip whats left and sell the parts..

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Nice one. Thats exactly what i have ended up doing. Just in the process of turning the 318 back to standard. I couldnt break the 325 in the end as it was such a good car. :hihi

·
Platinum BFuk Member
261 Posts
Nice one. Thats exactly what i have ended up doing. Just in the process of turning the 318 back to standard. I couldnt break the 325 in the end as it was such a good car. :hihi
Am i reading correctly , you are binning the 325 and turning the 318 back to standard . Wont it be slightly disappointing.
Personally , this is my 1st BMW and am wishing that i had gotten the one with the bigger engine . I Know i will go down the M3 route eventually but once i feel the power of the 325 i dont think i could ever go back.

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
No mate. Keeping the 325 and gonna sell the 318. Now ive driven the 325 i didnt wanna drive the other.:D
The six pot is SO much better cant go back now :hihi

·
Registered
179 Posts
Am i reading correctly , you are binning the 325 and turning the 318 back to standard . Wont it be slightly disappointing.
Personally , this is my 1st BMW and am wishing that i had gotten the one with the bigger engine . I Know i will go down the M3 route eventually but once i feel the power of the 325 i dont think i could ever go back.
i'm probs going to go down the M3 route soon as well:thumbsup once i have had all i can do with my hopfully very soon to be 328i!!:D once this bloke gets here today hes allready an hour late to view tank..:shifty:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.