BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

e36 325 to m3 brake swap

964 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  caseyj 
#1 ·
for my v12 project i am going to need bigger brake, so to remove the standard 325 convertible brake and put some upgrade m3 brakes is going to be the best, (least cost involved) i know for the front i have to change the disks, calipers, hubs and front shock, ( if theres something ive left out let me know ) the bit i dont kinow it waht do i have to change with regards to the back, :confused
ps will be fitted with aftermarket m3 suspension,:thumbsup

or completey different route, are there some good aftermarket brake upgrades, ie disk, pads etc, that would fit direct to the 325 and give me plenty of stopping power:confused

any pointers would be great:thumbsup

#3 ·
the weight of the v12 over the 2.5 engine is only 16ish kilos, by the time i strip off some bit and fit a carbon bonnet,:thumbsup weight should not be to much of an issue,

saying that, what would i need to fit the e46 brakes:confused

#5 ·
just seen a how guide on another site, (with pics) that e46 330ci brakes are a straight swap for the e36 , all i need is disk capilpers and pads, no need to change the hubs or struts and the stopping power should be alot better

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.