BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

e36 325 Alpina b2.5

12K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Petro1-Head 
#1 · (Edited)
hey new to the forum and new to bmws just bought my first one for drifting, its a e36 325 genuine alpina, i was wondering if the engines in these cars are worth much money and does any1 no the spec of the engine, it seems to have cams in it, was wondering wat else is different
many thanks taylor

#14 ·
for what its worth if it is a 2.5 it isnt a proper Alpina, more a tweaked by alpina 325 that included

200 produced ... all by sytners. they took the 325i coupe and did the following:-
fitted a re mapped ecu
fitted a stainless alpina exhaust system ( some had a modified manifold and some used the standard unit. )
17" alpina alloys were fitted and the inside of the rear arches were re rolled to allow for larger wheels.
steering wheel and gearknob conversion to alpina parts.
suspension changed to alpina spec except for those cars already fitted with motorsport suspension.
front and rear spoilers.
alpina badging
all together this gave approx 220 bhp.
unfortunately the b2.5 did not take off because once the conversion was done it was more expensive than the popular e36 m3 which gave 285bhp+
sytners produced a spec sheet for each car and you can get a copy by writing to them. this will tell you who carried out the work and when it was done.

#19 ·
first day out

first day out in the bmw found a bit of an oil leak at the rocker cover gasket and casued it to miss a bit, but then it stopped so all was good, the p/s/f wheel managed to come off though and damage the wing so need ta find a new wing now heres a few pics

#24 ·
is it just my eyes or does the front grill headlights etc not looklined up???to me the left one looks at a angle and lower then the right one

#26 ·
yeah dunno wat the story is with it it def isnt lined up but it was hit before i got it and repaired prob a dogey back street agrage job, the weehls on the front have 25mm spacers on them and a custom camber kit lol just a couple of washers put in does the job n looks pretty mean, the centers just pop out as far as i no, i havent had them on the car i got them with it and tryin to get them sold my 21st is on tuesday so looking a quick sale

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.