BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if im posting in the right place so sorry in advance if not but i cant find where to post it.

Ive just received some coilovers for my e36 and it currently has 17" rims with a offset of 7.5j . Will these rub ? If so can someone give me some advice?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
what ET are the alloys or what alloys do you have fitted?

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
The offset is stamped on the back of the wheel usually and will be something like ET42 if they are proper BMW offsett. The 7.5 you posted refers to the width of the wheels.

The coilovers wont make the wheels rub if its on the higest setting with the spring seats wound all the way up. You can only experiment taking it a bit lower at the time. Ideally you need the aid of a fat bird in the back to see if it will rub on the arches.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stamped on the back of the wheel is H2. As long as they dont rub wound all the way up thats mainly what i was worried about. Like you say i can experiment going down a bit at a time.

·
DO NOT send this user ANY Money. Under investigati
103 Posts
coilovers

ive got 7.5 by 17 alloys on my bmw and ive got the coilovers as low as they will go on the back with the adjusters removed and there is no rubbing at all and on the front ive lowered it about 90 mm and no rubbing there either

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have 17's on mine and i needed spacers on the front and the rear was ok but i didnt drop too much on the rear as it would have rubbed

Reactions: djsteviec01
1 - 11 of 11 Posts