BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is still stalling out my mechanic has looked everywhere for leaks and scanned it again today. Its coming up with vanos failure and knock sensor between cylinders 4 5 and 6.
Would these cause the stalling? What should i do now apart from cry lol:confused

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks mate but I changed the cam sensor yesterday. Today we cleared the codes and i went for a drive come back and rescanned. We got vanos failure and knock sensor cylinders 4 5 6. I dont know what action to take next? The vanos seems ok not noisey revs well, pulls well through all the gears with no flat spots but as soon as the revs drop it stalls. It trys to pick up but drops to zero and thats that. Should i relace the vanos solenoid? Would this cause the problem or the knock sensor?:)

Thanks again

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems ok generally running about and if i rev to 2000rpm it will drop back down to about 400 then up to 700 and tick over. If i rev to 3000rpm it will drop to low and wont be able to pick up but trys to then stalls.

Worst of all i can find one of these for sale online and i cant find it on realoem.com??

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
You have 2 threads running on the same subject and in your other thread you say this...
done that mate come back camshaft sensor which ive relaced. Its all good at the minute tho was either the vpower or my ebay petrol cap .... but here it appears to still be a problem.
To save confusion i'll close this so you can continue in the other thread :thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.