Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently got a 318is from a friend but it needs

Full suspension
Front and Rear bushes all of them
New exhaust
Front wishbones
Rear brake lines
And some body work

Plz comment if it would be worth doing i have priced up the parts at about 600?????????????????

·
Registered
401 Posts
personally i dont think it is because for 600 you could buy one on the road that just needs a few jobs doing, ive seen plenty going for that sort of money in local papers etc sell the parts you can and then scrap it(prices are back up now) and then buy one that actually works

·
Banned
110 Posts
its all depends if this 318iS has any character IE nice colour .or engine etc- If its got no quality features and it just feels like a lump of metal to you , then simple dont spend a penny -
and raise a bit a more than 600 quid .around 1000 , then u can get a real motor advertised for around 1200 but haggle the seller to get it for 1000 or cheaper

save time and hasle, then have a car ur firends wil be jealous of

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would be a project car. there are no labour costs as i am a trained mechanic (i dont do it as a day job anymore) Ive already stripped the rear axle and dropped the fuel tank out

·
Banned
110 Posts
Well thats it - if the car has won you - then dont ever look at your bank statement - just haggle when buying parts..

If the engine is great keep it that buy doing a service straight away check coolant ETC ,, used quality oil

all the best

·
Banned
110 Posts
5:30 is when folk finish work , if u starting at 5:30 u must b a soldier, I take it u have a nice warm garage or pitt,
if not then u must b a soldier of fortune, so u may aswell go AWOL from ur day job..

cant wait for pics

-also I agree with other guy that matt black would suit a coupe

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I finish work at 5 so ill go home have a *** and get on with
it its on my drive i dont have the luxury of a garage or a pit.
Depending on the light i'll post some pics tonight.
Also this would be the first spray i do so im not bothered if
it goes wrong its all practice for when i get an m3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.