1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
e36 318iS 1994

help needed

iv removed the air filter box and replaced with induction filter,

im going to use the original exit housing for the filter , but I need know how this part firts to the body, I think theres suppose to be a long strap or clip

check photos of the part..

thanks

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no.. I actually mean I cant fit the part in the photo to the car...

this part will just have a pipe going inside it thats it. in order to provide cold air to the induction filter...see photo...attached

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think I see what you mean...the original pipe was moulded at the correct size to hold the intake in place. If you want to use the original intake mould, why don't you use some high temperature adhesive to hold it in place? Then tie-wrap the induction pipe around it.

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
still help needed

again NO , I need to know how the original part itself fits to the body ,

the part in the photo attached is the part im try to put back on to the car , how is it originally secured to the car

its the rectange part thats suppose to fix with carbody

If not I think I might just wait till tommorow and call bmwdealer part dept and ask them how it secures

help pls

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Ahem... :sarcastic
This looks like the part that sits just to the side of the radiator and directs cold air into the filter from the Kidney grills:hihi

It is moulded to an exact size and fits around a lip on the grill. I would put a smear of silicone on the inside where it makes contact and secure in position until it dries.:thumbsup

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
cheers a20rym......I take it bmw orginally left it to the original air filter housing to support and hold this part to the body..

bit of suprise I thought BM normally secure everything tight with a clip or screw

Ok I will try some 'NO NAILS' silicone tonight hope its strong enough...
I think I may just drill it into place with tapping screws

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tried using glue/silicone it was no good - so I drilled the housing in place with a single screw at the top (still used glue)- now its poper job also I sealed the housing to the body using roofing felt bitaman roll.

job done , looks pretty good too with the silver pipe ducting going into the induction filter

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.