BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
hiya mate i know a bit off your topic but am struggling finding any info i have an e36 did you have to change the wiring loom or anything to get the 325 in and running i am gonna buy a rusted up or smashed 325 and wondered if the conversion was easy enough any info would be a massive help cheers mikey

·
Registered
16 Posts
i have the same problem...i'm swapping an m50 for my m44 and mine is cranking and last time i had the rail up fuel was coming out the injectors...but she's not firing! anyone got any ideas? needs to be ready by july 24th as i'm taking her to nurburgring! Cheers Darren

·
Registered
4 Posts
e36 318i to 325 transplant

Hi

first post but here goes.
\
i have just fitted a 325 lump into my e36 318i, including the engine loom, as a fewof you have posted i am having trouble with no spark,
i have changed the dme relay and the knock sensor.
the engine cranks and fuel is geting through.
the donor car was running sweet when i parked it in my drive.
i have the donor car still but have since found that it was also a transplant into that so im now not sure what exactley the engine is apart from being a 325 with vanos

Any feedback would be great,
cheers Andy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
the harness was just the one that wires up the engine with the service socket on it with the relays etc but not the fuse box.....

the ecu is a bosch 0 261 200 413

the car its gone into does have the chip in the key but the car does turn over and the injectors fire + all the other electrics work fine
.............................................................................................................................................................................

just been out at it again, i have changed a few of the hoses for new and have re checked some things and the plugs do fire!

but......

still no joy

it seems as thair is too much fuel geting through as i took the fuel pump fuse out and it did fire a few times but not enough to run properley,

not sure what to do now as the relay is fine...

any ideas?

cheers
Andy

·
Registered
298 Posts
the harness was just the one that wires up the engine with the service socket on it with the relays etc but not the fuse box.....

the ecu is a bosch 0 261 200 413

the car its gone into does have the chip in the key but the car does turn over and the injectors fire + all the other electrics work fine
.............................................................................................................................................................................

just been out at it again, i have changed a few of the hoses for new and have re checked some things and the plugs do fire!

but......

still no joy

it seems as thair is too much fuel geting through as i took the fuel pump fuse out and it did fire a few times but not enough to run properley,

not sure what to do now as the relay is fine...

any ideas?

cheers
Andy
fuel pressure regulator??(just a guess) if its sparking and fueling there's not much wrong! did you hear the engine run before you put it in?

·
Registered
4 Posts
regulator

the car was runing fine before
i have checked the regulator and all is well
i did get it runing the other day by removing the fuel pump relay and cranking it over, then poping the relay back in to keep it going. but i cant do this every time and the plugs did get fouled up quite quick
it ran perfectley once it got going.

i have since replaced the fuel pump relay with a new one and still no luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.