BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my 318 just over a week now and mechanically she seems pretty solid (apart from the starter motor) but electrically it seems I have a few little niggles.
When we picked up the car using the wipers would disrupt the stereo but that was fixed with replacing a fuse. However, a niggle that remains is the interior light. When I turn or brake, the interior light comes on, and sometimes the interior light will stay on even after I've locked the car or all doors are shut as if it thinks one is still open. I've seen a thread or two about microswitches but I'm not really 100% sure on where said microswitch is and how to replace it. Has anyone got any helpful pictures?
Also today when I got home from work, and the car was unlocked, I couldn't open my drivers door from the inside. I tried to pop the lock pin down and back up on the drivers side and it didn't set the central locking off. Locking and unlocking from the drivers side still didn't let me open the drivers door. Eventually I got the door open but only after climbing out the passenger side and locking and unlocking from the outside. Any idea what could be playing up here?
My drivers window doesn't work properly either, but I think that's related to the clips that hold the glass.

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Check the wiring between the body and the boot lid (peel back the flexi cover). Weird electrical gremlins are often traced back to broken / crossed wires in this location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts