BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im after some more help.
This morning when i finished work i turned on the ignition and my Rev and fuel tacho's went from left to right and interior lights started flashing but engine wouldnt turn over. I left it a min then tried again. Same thing happened but then all lights on dash stayed on. their was still life in the battery but wouldnt start. My mate gave me a push and i bumped her then she started. I didnt want to stop so came straight home.
I had a look under the bonnet when i got home and engine still running but couldnt see anything out of the ordinary?
All i can think of is maybe the battery is on its way out because it looks old.

Any clues??
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
33 Posts
more than likely, its been cold recently and it just drains loads of life outa a battery if its old, i had the same problem theyre not too expensice think i paid fbout 40 for mine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i might treat the car to a new battery anyway but i just went out to check the car again and it started first time with no trouble. So now im not too sure if it is a battery problem.
No sign of leaks and engine sounds normal. Maybe some crap fuel or filter need changing???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.