BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. My usually perfectly reliable Compact has recently developed a thoroughly irritating problem; whenever I lock it with the remote the alarm has a tendency to go off around 5 minutes later. I've disconnected the bonnet switch thinking this might be it but no difference. This is a royal pain in the arse as I now have to lock the doors with the key to stop my neighbours complaining. Any ideas as to what to look at and where, before I get tinitus, would be VERY gratefully recieved. This is driving me INSANE :frown

·
Registered
211 Posts
with myne it was the battery in the fob or battery on the car

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? The locking and immobiliser work perfectly, it's just the alarm keeps going off. Thinking about it I did have a new battery earlier this year after i knackered the other one leaving my lights on. Do you think perhaps that could have broken something?!

P.S I have the later type keyfob, plain black with round button in middle to lock and two buttons at bottom, one to unlock car the other to turn on the interior lights.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I would get the codes read for the alarm, you are lucky in that you have a ECU for your alarm, it will have a code stored on it describing the problem :thumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts