BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has been off the road for some time, but I remember the clutch has always been slightly heavy.
At first I thought it was slipping too but under further research, seems to be the clutch release valve thingy which will be binned soon.

The problem I have is that, often but not always the clutch pedal clicks as you start to depress it.
You can feel it and hear it happening, the pedal also seems pretty heavy compared to my old 316i, which felt perfectly weighted.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, i've only just got the old girl back on the road and have all sorts of things to fix

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
My car has been off the road for some time, but I remember the clutch has always been slightly heavy.
At first I thought it was slipping too but under further research, seems to be the clutch release valve thingy which will be binned soon.

The problem I have is that, often but not always the clutch pedal clicks as you start to depress it.
You can feel it and hear it happening, the pedal also seems pretty heavy compared to my old 316i, which felt perfectly weighted.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, i've only just got the old girl back on the road and have all sorts of things to fix

What I would do firstly, would be to check the Clutch fluid and replace if neccasary- would probably change it anyway.

and bleed the system. then see how you get on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts