BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not a complaint or issue as such but I have done over 1500 miles in the coupe since I bought it and it has not used a drop of oil.

I have heard people say that it should use some in 1000 miles use or more but is it a sign of the state of the engine etc.... if its not using much or any oil?

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Don't knock it !!

They do seem to vary. The two e46's I had varied wildly, the 325i I had used 1litre/1000 miles, however the later 330i I owned used a fraction of that. Neither ever gave any engine troubles, and both did well in excess of 100k miles in my ownership.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would never knock it, I wouldent drive anything else now!

Just trying to check whats normal for the model :)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Mine only seems to use a very little over 800-1000 miles or so if its been driven enthusiastically on a regualr basis or ben doing swift motorway miles. When driven normally it doesn't use any oil.

·
Registered
56 Posts
...When driven normally it doesn't use any oil.
Same here. I've owned my car for over 3 years and can't say its ever used any oil. I know the handbook says its suppose to use some, but the level on my dipstick never moves. Maybe I don't drive it hard enough? I average 28-29mpg in a 328i?

·
Registered
49 Posts
same here. I've owned my car for over 3 years and can't say its ever used any oil. I know the handbook says its suppose to use some, but the level on my dipstick never moves. Maybe i don't drive it hard enough? I average 28-29mpg in a 328i?

+1 my car is the same, no complaints here, i remember my e30 i used to put in a litre of oil everytime i filled up with petrol.
The 328i i have never had to top up between oil changes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts