BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I took the car to work, at full thrash, which is 30 miles. Checked the level at 1pm when cool and still the same level of water-so fingers crossed all is OK.

So now its gone in for its wrap. It will be satin black with full set of graphic (I wont tell you what the graphics are, they can be a surprise!) but here are 5 pics which I just got as a progress report!!

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Someone posted a thread or link showing this before IIRC. It was a dark car covered with a white wrap?

Keen to see the end result, bet it's not that easy to work with?:rofl

Doesn't this stuff last for years?:cool

·
Registered
225 Posts
Watching with interest...this shrink wrap biz has really got me interested,I am looking at a full proper respray at some point, and am beggining to wonder if this is the way forward? :silly
my main thoughts are:
how good does the edges of the shrinkwrap bond with the upturns of the body panels?
and
how good is it going to look in say-5 years time?
lookin' good so far tho :thumbsup

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its half the price of a respray, although it is at mates rates. I believe that it would probably be around £1500. I am paying less than half that.

I am assured that its easy to look after (no car washes I expect) and will last for years and years. He said that sometimes the edges will curl up, but all that is needed is is a heatgun (or even hairdryer) and it will just shrink back on in a second or 2.

The real benefit is if you have a nice expensive car but fancy a colour change, this can be a temporary measure and you can then return to original in an afternoon. In my case, the paint was poor (its seems it was resprayed using rattle cans), so this is an excellent way of hiding a multitude of sins!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.