BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi could anybody measure or tell me the boot dimensions for the e34, thinking about buying one but need to know whether it will fit my equipment , width ways and length ways, also does it get smaller towards the back? If it does what are these dimensions and what about the "hatch " dimensions?

Thanks TB

·
Banned
478 Posts
Hi could anybody measure or tell me the boot dimensions for the e34, thinking about buying one but need to know whether it will fit my equipment , width ways and length ways, also does it get smaller towards the back? If it does what are these dimensions and what about the "hatch " dimensions?

Thanks TB
Give me a short while... I will measure mine for you...:thumbsup

·
Banned
478 Posts
The boot opening dimensions...
top of the boot opening spans- 4 feet accross
bottom of the boot opening spans around 3 and a half feet about (44inchs)
back window to the floor - 17inches
opening depth 17 inches from window to boot catch

Inside the boot...
Depth is 44 inches from the back to the front
Width is 54 inches at the front
And the back does indeed get smaller where the wheel arches are... this is 3 feet accross exactly

Its a pretty large boot opening, i easily get a double buggy for my kids in there...

Anything else you'd like me to check.. Dont hesistate to ask..:thumbsup

·
Banned
478 Posts
My seats dont fold down, nor is there a ski hole. Some E34's did have this as it was an optional extra... Im not sure on your sub question.... But nothing is impossible... Maybe modifications to the parcel shelf can be made....

Reactions: teenbeema

·
Banned
478 Posts
I lost track of the thread... Sorry, i will check the parcel shelf.... I think its metal underneath, but i will check for this, just give me a short while....

Its not something you pay attention to.... You should be able to fabricate holes without ruining the look mind...

·
Banned
478 Posts
It is metal mate...

but with a little work, you can modify it, it will just take some perseverance..:D

Reactions: teenbeema

·
Banned
478 Posts
Naa, not the parcel shelf metal... As long as you steer clear of the shock absorber towers, wheel arches and boot floor you will be ok...:thumbsup

·
Banned
478 Posts
Can i just ask actually teenbeema... What sort of hole are you thinking about cutting??

i would'nt recommend removing the whole parcel shelf metal... strategically placed slits for the sub sound to come through or holes for larger speakers is what i am contesting too...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.