BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the quickest way to get off the line in the 850?
Is it better to start off in 1 and manual mode or just leave it in D with the sport button pressed?

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
Powerbraking is the usual drag technique in an auto, hard on the brakes and the throttle, and you'll build up to the stall speed of the torque convertor.

Foot off the brake and away you go, but you may find you have more than enough power to break traction without doing that.
I'll bet the transmission wouldn't crossing you of Christmas card lists if you do it too often though.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stick some wokkes in, put it in D and hoof it.
:lol I will as soon as the bodywork is sorted Nick

Powerbraking is the usual drag technique in an auto, hard on the brakes and the throttle, and you'll build up to the stall speed of the torque convertor.

Foot off the brake and away you go, but you may find you have more than enough power to break traction without doing that.
I'll bet the transmission wouldn't crossing you of Christmas card lists if you do it too often though.
I've done that a couple of times but I get too much wheelspin.
Just wondered if there was any difference between manual and sport mode?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
these old lumps get embarrased by most things off the line......they soon stop laughing when you continue accelerating past them on the way to supercar speeds with wokke chips. Speed becomes irrelavent and balls wins. And as we all know if you own an 850...yes we may have tiny penises but we have MASSIVE BOLLOCKS!

·
Registered
153 Posts
At full throttle the standard EML chip doesn't open the throttle butterflies fully until after 3,000 RPM. I think this is why the car feels so dead at low revs, with the wokke eml chip you don't have this problem and it makes a big difference to fast get aways.

Neil - glad to hear about your bollocks mate, lucky you. I'm more of an Ikea pencil with a couple of peas that have been in the freezer too long, kind of a guy. I do have a big beer gut, does that count?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At full throttle the standard EML chip doesn't open the throttle butterflies fully until after 3,000 RPM. I think this is why the car feels so dead at low revs, with the wokke eml chip you don't have this problem and it makes a big difference to fast get aways.
Sod the bodywork! I got to get me some of them chips. :hihi

·
Registered
153 Posts
That's the spirit Daz. I thought you had your priorities all wrong....:thumbsup

Only pity is that Wolf had a special on his chips over Christmas ($359 instead of $449), he says it's over now but maybe you could beg? :shifty:

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's the spirit Daz. I thought you had your priorities all wrong....:thumbsup

Only pity is that Wolf had a special on his chips over Christmas ($359 instead of $449), he says it's over now but maybe you could beg? :shifty:
Bugger! Maybe I'll wait till next xmas.
OT but Fitted that radio you sent me Nick and it works great but the amp is buggered. :sarcastic Thought it was a bit quiet when I tested a Sony unit in there but with the lower powered BMW head its only just audible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts