BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hello guys 1st post here.

does any one know where i can get a manifold and carbs for a m30 engine?

will the one off a 3.0s E3 shape work

also will this manifold and carbs fit all the stright 6 engines at all? i.e. post 94..

cheers for your help guys,was thinking of welding one up and running on twin webbers if not.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
The M52 and the M30 engine are completely different engines, one generally has a Alloy block(M52) the other a cast iron, the m52 is double overhead cam and the later m52 had dual vanos.

None of the bits will swap over between the 2.

As for the carb question, a e3 or e9 came with carbs, see here http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=7022&mospid=47806&hg=13 or http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=7022&mospid=47806&hg=11&fg=40

whether they would fit straight up I couldn't comment, I should imagine the inlet ports would be different

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx very much mate, very helpful, will prop just make manifold up now and run on webbers as the older bmer carbs and manifolds are way too exspensive and pretty rare to find now.

thank you very much for your help

·
Banned
478 Posts
thanx very much mate, very helpful, will prop just make manifold up now and run on webbers as the older bmer carbs and manifolds are way too exspensive and pretty rare to find now.

thank you very much for your help
Sorry to intrude, but just out of interest, why are you going to run carbs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
for banger racing, cant run on injection at most tracks due to HS regarding fuel pressure with injection lumps, one reason why never botherd with bmers befor due to them all being injection, but just had a conversion kit made for a xj40 jag engine to run on carbs so thought about converting bmers lumps to carbs to race them as they are pretty cheap, lots of bits for you guys too when im done stripping them ;o)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts