BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
im not sure why half the picks arnt coming up??
update!
wireing loom half in pain so i was told! engine out of m5 and mountings and brackets bieng changed over!
also been in touch with total bmw and they are interested in featuring the car should be awsome ill upload some more picks soon!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
what parts off an e28 do you have?? im interested in the old engine and gearbox if they're anygood? maybe old e28 rims aswell, great car tho mate and shame i only just saw the thread as im a mobile welder and would of loved to help out, keep up the good work and just my opinion junk the e36 wheels! lol

·
Registered
89 Posts
i know their pricey but wheels are so important can really make or break a car, i like the e36 m3 whels but on an e36, you gotta have some period but modern spanky wheels mate. and dont go massive it just causes problems, thing with the old relics is theyre body lines just dont suit enormous wheels not like the newer cars. can you send or have you got a pic of the old m5 wheels mate?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
a while since i have been on here but alot has been achived!!
engine is now in around 3 days from running!!
brakes are working
half of the intirior is in
around 3 weeks from bieng sprayed here is some more picks enjoy!!

[/IMG]

as for the white genuine m5 with 70k on the clock!!

need some more ideas for wheels help!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
just got taken down for spraying friday!
got a comp amp with some nice power!(spayed it zinnober red!)
carbon fiber pedals

waiting for dvla to get back to me about my private plate!!

still trying out for wheels ideas!!

sugestions please!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Loving this build! E28 is my fave BMW body shape and the M5 at that is spectacular, One question though.

Why did you gut the White M5 for this one? Surely it would be good to keep an original M5 on the roads instead of a conversion. Or was there something wrong with the chassy etc etc?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Loving this build! E28 is my fave BMW body shape and the M5 at that is spectacular, One question though.

Why did you gut the White M5 for this one? Surely it would be good to keep an original M5 on the roads instead of a conversion. Or was there something wrong with the chassy etc etc?

yea i did think about doing the pair up but the red one has sentimental value making one seemed the best way to go! but yes it is a shame!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
SOME MORE PICKYS PAINTWORK IS GETTING SECOND POLISH SOON
next to do new caliper set up inc braided hoses brembo discs and pads 4 new tyres (proxies) cambelt kit & full service

21 - 40 of 50 Posts