BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
e28 m535i conversion sprayed and running!!

hi welcome to my thred for my bmw e28 project my father had owned this car from 18months old and it has been passed down in the family to me!
it has been sat up since 2004 with the head gasget gone and alot of welding needing to be done!
i have now decided to do something about it and i realy want to covert it to a m535i!

got started last week any help ideas or tips would be great enjoy!

here she is before it got started

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and here she is after one week! i will upload picks of the welding some hudge patches! i thaught it would need a respray but the lads polished it a beauty so it will only need touching up and a few dinks getting out

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
after stuggling to get hold of a m5 a beauty poped up in weston!
he wanted £1200 i got him down to £800 bargin realy chuffed! loads of history dry stored since 2000 and only 70k on the clock!
and she flys!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it seems to be going well but it is in the early stages yet and it has a long way to go but it will get finished hopefully by the summer so i can kill of some saxo's lol can anyone photoshop at all?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
chers mate i do need some help and advice tho so dont be shy!!
any crazy ideas would be good too!!

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
it seems to be going well but it is in the early stages yet and it has a long way to go but it will get finished hopefully by the summer so i can kill of some saxo's lol can anyone photoshop at all?
good luck mate and the photoshop man is bigbenstrikes drop him a pm and he will sort it:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Like your style mate, looking forward to following your project.:thumbsup

So all the works going into the 535 now then....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hello everyone!! i havent been on here in a while due to work commetments.....
therefore not alot has been done

lol i got some more pickys as always please feel free to leve coments sugestions and ideas
i am thinking about putting a set of e36 m3 evo alloys on i think they will look lush!!

rear window motors lubed up and ready!!!

inside nearly all bear!

refurbed i think these will look nuts!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hopefully have a good month and by the end of it she should be all in place ready drop the lump in!! more picks to come cant wait!!
hopefully it wont be to much of pain the lads at auto evolutions are doing a fine job! some ace welding boys thanks!
i do have a fair bit of e28 parts if anyone is interested you can pm me!!

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Getting there isn't it!

I noticed you're in Chard, this will sound strange but do you know a guy called Steve Dowell? He's a complete genius when it comes to cars.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Getting there isn't it!

I noticed you're in Chard, this will sound strange but do you know a guy called Steve Dowell? He's a complete genius when it comes to cars.
yes i have heard of him i have a few mates who are mates of his loves his fords? does insane stuf with them?.....same bloke lol

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
yes i have heard of him i have a few mates who are mates of his loves his fords? does insane stuf with them?.....same bloke lol
That's the fella :thumbsup
I know him through the ford scene and I honestly don't think there is anything he can't do with a car :cool

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanks for the comments! she is moving allong great!! you are right it is a shame just the servo was gone on it and 2 small patches of welding needed idid think about doing up the pair but then i would need another doner car and the family of e28's i own would just get bigger!

since last post
all welding finished (thank god!)
undersealed
rear subframe and suspention cleaned, painted and fitted

1 - 20 of 50 Posts