BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My Name is Tony and I am new to this site, I have created a web site to chart the progress (slow at times) of my BMW E12 M535i, you can check it out at http://www.tonybmw.co.uk/, I also involved in creating a list of all known surviving E12 M535's chassis numbers , so if any one out there knows of any or owns one then please check the VIN against my list and get in touch via the web site.

Hope you enjoy

For those interested in Fuel Injection I also have a 204 page download all about bosch fuel injection including trouble shooting

Best Regards

Tony

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
I've not seen this picsture before Tony but the car is coming on a treat.

If you can upload some more photos it would be excellent. This is one project that deserves some well earned exposure :)

And for anyone wanting inspiration on a project BMW, have a good look through Tonys website!
His restoration credentials are excellent and he really has got some great project/restoration photos on there.

I can't wait to see this car progress when you get the time to carry on with it Tony!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comments, the main idea behind the site was to provide encouragement and enthusiasm for myself and fellow BMW enthusiasts.

We all know what it feels like to be stuck in a cold garage (if your lucky), alone and working on your car, with no one to share it with.

I have added a couple more photos, but you can see many more at my site, I have also included many pictures from some previous projects that I have carried out. Personally I love seeing other peoples work, hopefully you will to.

Regards

Tony

http://www.tonybmw.co.uk/

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ronnie

I have been restoring cars as a hobby know for 20 years, I have not done too much over the last 6 or so years, due to work and family committments. But I am starting to redress the balance.

Best Regards

Tony

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Nice one Tony. I really have to admire you guys that do this level of work.

I watched my father restore loads of stuff for himself, Jensen's, Costin tuned Anglia, Minor's, Imp's and Mini's for us kids and I regret not learning more from him to enable me to undertake this sort of work.

Good luck !

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I meant to say...

You dont do things by half mate :D

As my old wood work teacher used to say, among other things, "if a jobs worth doing its worth doing well".

I think that the problem with an E12 this rotten is that any efforts to do a quick fix up would have a very short term effect, and end up being false economy in the long term.

And hey the website would not be half as interesting

Tony

·
Registered
27 Posts
Love your site Tony - especially the e21 stuff. When I did my Ascona it was a toss up between that and an E21 :)

You have inspired me - when I am rich (yeah right) and retired I am going to have a massive garage with loads of projects in!

·
BFuk Legend
11,712 Posts
Nice one Tony, i love these old BMWs. :thumbsup
Just wish i was brave enough to own one, my E36 is enough to keep on top of.:silly

1 - 20 of 26 Posts