BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well bought myself a dtuk crd+t tuning box it's for bmw 520d f10.I paid £350 delivered. Fitting was simple enough and took 10 minutes.
Now there is and 20 different programs and I tried them all. I have done around 3k with this tuning box. I found that 1+3 was the most powerful program to use.
Now it claims to give extra 45bhp plus lots more torque now I've had some fast bmw in my time and to be honest it feels more like an extra 15bhp and power surge quickly dies.. Mpg I lost just over 100 miles to a tank than what I get without box fitted.
So conclusion is do not buy one waste of money and time.
Remap is way forward.
Anybody want to but mine then pm hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
All credit to you for guinnea-pigging this thing. Its always good to have 1st hand info to back up/disprove the claims for these kinds of gimmicks.

I'm a little curious about its reason for existing in the first place though. Of the all the motors out there to tune up the 520d would maybe not be first choice. :)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
research is key..my advice is get rid and go see a good tuner..bmchiptune would be my first port of call..they will test your car before after,and also test it with the snake oil box on also.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts