BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Do you think celebrities/sports stars should be allowed to continue performing despite multiple drug

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think it's right that professional sports people, rock stars and movie stars etc get away with multiple drug/alcohol offences and are still allowed to continue performing in the line of work that made them famous?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bollards!!! Not enough room in the question box on the poll:frown

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Pete "Druggie" Doherty really gets on my tits, :mad

He needs locking away for a while, problem is he will probably get as many drugs inside as outside :sarcastic

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pete "Druggie" Doherty really gets on my tits, :mad

He needs locking away for a while, problem is he will probably get as many drugs inside as outside :sarcastic
It was that Tw*t that prompted this thread:hihi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Pete doherty is more famous for his drug misuse than anything else I mean has anyone actually heard any of his music?
On another level would we have bands like Alice in chains,Depeche mode,Jimi hendrix,Nirvana,Janis Joplin the list goes on and on-what would they have produced if it wasn't for the drugs?Would it have affected their creative abilities for the positive or the negative?Who are we to say-what is fact is that the did great things for the music world even Mr Dubfx-you tell me he doesn't smoke the odd spliff or dabble in the recreational drugs and he is a phenomenon albeit not a huge one yet.This is a big topic for debate......

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wouldn't even bother p***ing on Amy Winehouse if I found her lying in the gutter.

Why do people keep on going to watch their performances :mad And as for inviting them to perform at award shows etc.............:banghead

Then there's Max Mosely's son; One less idiot on the streets if you ask me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
As for sports people I don't think its right-its a different class of drugs they are using and I feel its unfair on the competition however if there were competitions for drug users only then it may be a different story although still I wouldn't condone drug use

·
Registered
884 Posts
Pete doherty is more famous for his drug misuse than anything else I mean has anyone actually heard any of his music?
Alas, yes. If you haven't, I certainly wouldn't recommend you do. Shite. Pure, unadulterated shite. Talentless.

He absolutely needs locking up, if not for the myriad offences whilst on drugs, for crimes against music.

However, in the greater scheme of things, I don't really see why someone should be banned from 'working' because they take drugs. The two things are unrelated, and that seems completely unfair. And as StK says, music, and art in general, would be a poorer place without the influence of drugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxhZWTpY6So

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRkA6zugNMQ

:D

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
As for sports people I don't think its right-its a different class of drugs they are using and I feel its unfair on the competition however if there were competitions for drug users only then it may be a different story ...
There is, it's called the Tour de France.:hihi

·
Registered
527 Posts
i think its a joke all these stars are like role models to kids today, you see 10 year olds walking around thinking they are 50 cent talking about "slappin da ho's" or "bustin a cap in ya ass" etc.... do they know they just sound like di*ks, who really talks like that :confused.
After drug/alcohol offences by anyone famous they should'nt be let off just because they are famous. one law for them tw*ts another for us :mad

·
Registered
16 Posts
doherty IS an idiot. but the most talented people this world has had to offer were all hammered on something. its a fact.

but doherty ISN'T talented. hes just a junkie who writes shit music. and there is a theory that doherty is a hoax anyway. google "pete doherty KLF hoax" for moar info.

hendrix on the other hand, and led zeppelin , SHOULD be allowed to get away with it. and keith richards. the world would be a more dull place without them.

as for atheletes competing on drugs, that is a different story. they are supposed to compete equally, using only their self perseverence etc. how can they be equal if one man is high on cocaine, and able to not only run further and faster, but able to talk absolute bollocks at the same time?

solution?

drug olympics.

all the atheletes should be encouraged to take drugs. that way, EVERYONE is equal.

:)

·
Legendary BFuk Member +1
1,138 Posts
yeah mabye there an argument about drugs making musicians write better music and generally perform better!!but ive always wondered(being a guitar player myself)would jimmy hendrix...evn though classed as one off the best guitarist ever...have been even better had he payed it the correct way up?was he always drugged therfore never realising he was playin it upside down?at least he is talented...pete docherty is just a waste off space!:rofl

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah mabye there an argument about drugs making musicians write better music and generally perform better!!but ive always wondered(being a guitar player myself)would jimmy hendrix...evn though classed as one off the best guitarist ever...have been even better had he payed it the correct way up?was he always drugged therfore never realising he was playin it upside down?at least he is talented...pete docherty is just a waste off space!:rofl
He played upside down cause when he started he couldn't afford a left hand one so had to adapt a right hand one so thats what he was used to-Ironically Eric Clapton had bought him one just before Jimi died and Jimi never got the chance to play it.Maybe that was the secret to his success playing it that way?and no he wasn't always drugged up....But one thing is a certainty he would still be here if it wasn't for the drugs and so would alot of other talented people :frown

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
IIRC Clapton went to give it him on the night that he died. Eric spent three and a half years "in the wilderness" selling everything he had (including his guitar collection) for Heroin - sniffed not injected. And then god knows how long as an alcoholic. Some of his best songs written out of his tiny mind on drink or drugs....

·
Legendary BFuk Member +1
1,138 Posts
i started playing guitar upside down for the exact same reason..couldnt afford a left handed one...which were scarce anyway...eventually took all the strings off and put tham back on the other way round...not knockin hendrix...think the guy was awesome...the fact he did play it upside down and be the best was unbelievable...its an extremely difficult thing too do well..never mind incredibly brilliant!is it not true that rodger waters wrote the pink floyed album the wall while on acid?if so then drugs and music cant be all bad!!:hihi

·
Registered
7 Posts
i started playing guitar upside down for the exact same reason..couldnt afford a left handed one...which were scarce anyway...eventually took all the strings off and put tham back on the other way round...not knockin hendrix...think the guy was awesome...the fact he did play it upside down and be the best was unbelievable...its an extremely difficult thing too do well..never mind incredibly brilliant!is it not true that rodger waters wrote the pink floyed album the wall while on acid?if so then drugs and music cant be all bad!!:hihi
apparently thats what he did too-swap the strings around :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 24 Posts