BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My F11 520d has failed mot due to evidence of DPF being tampered with and black smoke coming out from exhaust when rev up. The DPF was taken out by garage 3 years ago as it become blocked after the engine change (timing chain snapped) When I asked mechanics to get another DPF they looked very sceptical saying its too expensive which indicated to me that dpf might not have been the problem in the first place.
So what do I do now? Try to buy another dpf? How do I get it remapped back to original state?
Where near West berkshire can I put DPF back in?

·
Registered
24 Posts
My F11 520d has failed mot due to evidence of DPF being tampered with and black smoke coming out from exhaust when rev up. The DPF was taken out by garage 3 years ago as it become blocked after the engine change (timing chain snapped) When I asked mechanics to get another DPF they looked very sceptical saying its too expensive which indicated to me that dpf might not have been the problem in the first place.
So what do I do now? Try to buy another dpf? How do I get it remapped back to original state?
Where near West berkshire can I put DPF back in?
CPC Performance Engineering in Amersham

BMR Performance, Turners Hill, Crawley

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
take it to another garage" friendly" not strictly legal..but thats what i say..also,,if dpf was goosed i doubt the chain snapping had anything to do with it,,either it was blocked "find root cause" then fix..or they have removed it,,charged you for that, then sold the inners for around £200,,very lucrative and sneaky these companies offering dpf solutions,,

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Problem you've got is the DPF tampering is now on the car's record. It would have to be a very "flexible" shop that would sign off anything other than a proper fix now.
New DPFs seem to go from around £200 upwards.

·
Vendor
4,072 Posts
If you pick up a second hand dpf we can fit it then program your car back to standard

From there we can test and prove what was causing your dpf not to regen in the 1st place

BW chiptune

-Tuning BMWs since 1991
-Dyno Dynamics rolling road.
BW autorepairs
-Over 30 year repairing BMWs.
-New and fully refurbished BMW/Alpina ,Ecus (DME,DDE)and Cas units.
-BMW Ecu repairs.
-BMW remote Keys made and cut same day
-Key data fixed in EWS or CAS for non starters or when theft attempted.
-Correction of Engine ECUs Cas and key fitted to your car (when a key set from a different car has been used).
-Digital Service Records rest and corrections in idrive screen on 2013 onwards cars.
-DPF repairs fixed without the need of removal
-40% of my work is repairing the problems that are caused by other tuners remap

For more info look in our section under sponsors on this forum

UK
0208 561 1818
07831 103030
Unit 8&9
alpha industrial estate
Clayton Rd
Hayes
Middlesex
UB3 1BB