BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people, been pushing my luck abit lately with my car and it got its own back last night :mad
wont go into detail but i totally **** myself :hihi
so been looking about at a less powerfull car as im going to end up doing damage to myself if i keep this car :sarcastic or im going to loose my licence which also means bye bye job....

so my question is, how much of a downgrade is moving to a fully loaded E46 330 from my E46 M3?

always been used to fwd or 4wd cars and this m3 is the 1st powerfull rwd car iv owned and i just cant drive it, scares the **** out of me :hihi and my misses will be sharing it and she cant afford £3k to insure a car :eek

anyone with a 330, what are they like to run, insure etc

thanks for any help or advice :thumbsup

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
Still quite a powerfull car....

Have a drive of one, see what ya think.

I've got an E36 328 which I will swap with ya - If you close your eyes, you could pretend it's an E46 330 :D :lol :rofl

·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still quite a powerfull car....

Have a drive of one, see what ya think.

I've got an E36 328 which I will swap with ya - If you close your eyes, you could pretend it's an E46 330 :D :lol :rofl
:hihi

i had a E36 328i before this M3 mate :thumbsup

·
Registered
185 Posts
330`s are great never drove an m3 but i can vouch the 330 is powerful and lovely to drive.I got the 330 sport facelift and if you look quick you could believe its an m3 :hihi .I pay £351 fully comp with wife on no claims proctected etc etc(i have full no claims. 27ish to the gallon around town.the facelift is approx £135 for 6 months tax.And it still sounds great too

·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i think ill go to my local garage as they have a 330 in there and ill see if i can live without the M power :hihi mind you iv just been to look at my car and no wonder i nearly lost it, the tyres are nearly bald :eek might have to get some new tyres then see how it is, misses can get a cheap runabout if this turns out to be reason why i nearly lost it!! do love the power :D
still going to pop down there and have a go in a 330 :thumbsup ill report back my findings :hihi

·
1,008 Posts
Chas just leave the sports button off and the traction on, you'll be ok then, actually a 330 will feel less than the M3 with the sport button off.

I like the 330 clubsport but dont think I could have on after the M3.

I'd be going for a 330d if I changed or better still a E60 530d :thumbsup

·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chas just leave the sports button off and the traction on, you'll be ok then, actually a 330 will feel less than the M3 with the sport button off.

I like the 330 clubsport but dont think I could have on after the M3.

I'd be going for a 330d if I changed or better still a E60 530d :thumbsup
yes, very true mate, dont think i can go down back now iv had a M3...

I've heard, and I'm sure BMW wouldn't bullsh1t us, that they fitted a safety device on the accelerator peddle. Apparently when you lift off the peddle the car slows down.:D
dont think mines fitted with one of these safety devices :shifty: :lol

·
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Right, just got back, took my car down there and he had a look at it, and actually i would be making money on it for what i bought it for so he gave me a really good deal... BUT i drove it and its nowhere near the same car, everything feels different... and the noise, i didnt realise how noisy my car is compared to a 330 :eek I cant do it people, the M is staying, just gave the good news to the misses :hihi :D i will just keep the t/c button alone until i get some new tyres, i cant believe how two quite simular cars can feel soo different, it didnt feel sluggish by any means the 330 but the M3 is just in a completly different league...

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Chas so glad you've seen sense mate! The M3 is awesome, you know you'd regret it if you did.

Go and get yourself some DECENT tyres and enjoy! :cool:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.