BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,wheels going in for a refurb in the next couple of weeks as they are starting to look a bit tatty. i was starting to think about the finish... i originally bought the car as a project,wanting to tidy it up and bring it back to concourse,so i suppose silver would be the way to go ...but a little niggle in my head says they would be nice in white...any ideas? any photoshop gurus out there to show me the errors of my ways? :hihi

·
Registered
454 Posts
In my personal opinion, I dont like sprayed wheels in any colour but black.

Depends on the finish I suppose.

But I would say dont do it, keep them how they are... But Its up to you at the end of the day, you like it go for it!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Hi all,wheels going in for a refurb in the next couple of weeks as they are starting to look a bit tatty. i was starting to think about the finish... i originally bought the car as a project,wanting to tidy it up and bring it back to concourse,so i suppose silver would be the way to go ...but a little niggle in my head says they would be nice in white...any ideas? any photoshop gurus out there to show me the errors of my ways? :hihi
You can PM your request to mikey36 IIRC as he's a bit of a wizrd with photoshop:thumbsup

One thing to remember when changing wheel colour is darker options such a s Gun Metal Grey etc will not look as large as exactly the same wheel in Silver:thumbsup

Your car would suit Black, Gold and White wheels:thumbsup

I want my wheels Black with a white Lip as that will remove all the Silver/Chrome from the car and make it JUST two colours right the way through:cool

Some will Like, some will hate.... Doesn't bother me as it's MY car and what I WANT:hihi

Like Mel says... you like it, go for it:thumbsup

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If it was me: Silver as its not a rally car and if they go white it could look chavy!
thats what i was afraid of :rofl
looks bad enough atm with the lexarse lights:silly

Reactions: STU-325

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Get some OEM rear lights back in! ;)

I'd say standard silver alloys, I think black ones would make it look, I don't know, ermmm dirty? Lol thats not the word.

I don't think Gold would work at all but thats my opinion.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Been to see the guy today-settled on silver with a slight sparkle :cool
he wants 45 quid a corner..sound reasonable?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.