BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,013 Posts
As the printer will use a Parallel port, it's not plug and play, you will need to find drivers yourself - So before you try it, search the make and model on Google and see what comes up - I suspect it probably won't work, but you never know.

Plus, has your machine got a parallel port on it ?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Dot Matrix??? Oh my GOD!! I remember them noisy little feckers. But as above, You'd need a parallel Port (most likley) and drivers could be an issue, unless you can run it in old emulation mode, which i doubt

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am pretty sure most dot matrix printers do not have software that is compatable with Windows Vista. Although you may be able to use some XP drivers....

But I do have a question... Why would you still need to use a dot matrix printer?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
the lead you have sounds ok, but it's all about drivers my friend!

Reactions: speerzie

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
well im not sure on vista to be honest, i have a epson lq 550 dot matrix on xp, for that i found a driver, so as stated already look see if you can find a driver. i have a 24 pin 24 pin is a better move. and you wont need the ribbon either.. i make good stencils out of it when nessecery..what dm do you have exactly? my dughter has vista, i will have a look for you if i can..;) you have the lead, i had to get the same..have you tried plugging in and finding a driver?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts