BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a X3 2.0D M Sport 2006 and I’m struggling trying to find what mirrors are fitted? On the mirror operation there is a button for a folding operation!! Can someone help? I don’t want to spend a lot of money on the wrong ones.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
realoem.com and your VIN perhaps?
Replacing damaged ones or what?
thanks for the reply, I tried realoem . But no joy, Both mirrors don’t work someone had disconnected both wires I rejoined them and the fuse blew so I assume they are seized or something, my vin no is WBAPB12070WC29598 I just need to know if they are manual or electric,

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
disconnected both wires I rejoined them and the fuse blew so I assume they are seized or something,
Sounds like on the right track, now it's warmer and potentially plenty of time, good time to investigate..
Odd realoem.com wasn't much help though, is there a chance they're not original?
"disconnected both wires I rejoined them and the fuse blew"
So - wonder if only 2 wires, if that was the heating element - maybe a careful application of a direct 12V feed may show if get warm - otherwise it's maybe a visit to a BMW independant, if we can get to stage where we can do stuff like that again...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like on the right track, now it's warmer and potentially plenty of time, good time to investigate..
Odd realoem.com wasn't much help though, is there a chance they're not original?
"disconnected both wires I rejoined them and the fuse blew"
So - wonder if only 2 wires, if that was the heating element - maybe a careful application of a direct 12V feed may show if get warm - otherwise it's maybe a visit to a BMW independant, if we can get to stage where we can do stuff like that again...
Thank you for your help I took the passenger side mirror off and it is electric folding but seized up so I need 2 expensive mirrors?? Wish I had checked them when I bought it !!! My own costly fault!

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Eek...
WD40 everything under the sun?
Then do it again....

Looking at what you know now, it's seized, so presumably that's why blows the fuse, it's 'trying' but can't move it...
So unless there's broken bit stopping movement, WD40 away :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts