BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now i keep thinking the particulate filter will clog,steering rack will start knocking, the turbo will fail,injectors will get faarked etc etc etc

breath in, breath out, breath in .....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Love it when I'm viewing a car, and if it happens to be a dealer and if I mention I belong to a forum they literally stop talking give you the keys and say let me know when your done.

always makes me laugh cause I like a chat with them but soon as they think "bah he knows everything to look for now" they can't be arsed into trying to talk you into it they know you'll either want it or not.

Kinda handy

·
Registered
488 Posts
on the contrary...forewarned is forearmed. Find it better to know the common problems to expect and more so the solutions.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
How do you think I feel? I have an N42!
Ouch! :eek

Mine's got a rep for the cooling system being made out of paper mache! :hihi

·
Registered
753 Posts
How many diesels have been saved in the knowledge of swirlflaps? Knowledge is power in some instances :thumbsup but yeah i can see why some people would get paranoid. Don't forget though you rarely get people log into the tech section and start a my car is running 100% thread

·
Registered
297 Posts
How do you think I feel? I have an N42!
Snap mate... I too have an N42... I was paranoid about lots of things after being on this forum for a week or two :shifty: My car is now in the garage with a coolant problem :frown It's all good... love the banter on here :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
No not paranoid, but then I'm not the kind of person that worries much and am lucky enough to understand all things mechanical with a little research.
Have a much better understand of my car thanks to this fourm than if I hadn't found it:)

·
Registered
145 Posts
i do sometimes.

i wish i'd listened to this forum more before i got the car i now own as i wouldnt of bought it.

not that its not a nice car but it has got issues i couldve spotted before hand.

it a great forum though. full of help.

whats wrong with the n42 engine though? and how do i tell if i have it?

andy

·
Registered
7 Posts
i do sometimes.

i wish i'd listened to this forum more before i got the car i now own as i wouldnt of bought it.

not that its not a nice car but it has got issues i couldve spotted before hand.

it a great forum though. full of help.

whats wrong with the n42 engine though? and how do i tell if i have it?

andy
I think yours is the M43 engine

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
No, my paranoia makes me paranoid.

Paranoia is total awareness.

Anyway, if your view of life is based on sitting in a doctors waiting room I'm sure you would come to suspect you may have a lot of symptoms, maybe better to join a flower arranging forum?

Swap swirl flap paranoia for green fly paranoia.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
just because your paranoid dunt mean it wont go wrong!!!!:rofl:rofl

But if you expect it and it does you are not shocked.

Everyday it doesn't is a good day.

Pessimism is the ultimate optimism. No dissapointments and everything either meets or exceeds expectations.

Reactions: johnny-c2
1 - 20 of 69 Posts