BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks

without me getting under the car, can anyone confirm if these models have a Limited slip differential.

My car specs =

BMW 318iS coupe 1994 Lreg - Manual - M42 engine

thanks

·
Banned
478 Posts
i asked a similar question a while back. If you jack up the back end, with both back wheels in the air, take the handbrake off and spin on wheel, if the other wheel moves in the same direction, you have a LSD diff. :thumbsup

Reactions: awais318iS

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mmmmm kool idea - but wheres the jacking point to lift the car at the rear? safely-

also my main itch is do these 318iS's come with a standard LSD . or is just for Mtech etc

hellllllp were are all the bimmaholics

·
Banned
478 Posts
Mmmmm kool idea - but wheres the jacking point to lift the car at the rear? safely-

also my main itch is do these 318iS's come with a standard LSD . or is just for Mtech etc

hellllllp were are all the bimmaholics
there should be a jacking point on the sill, dont put the jack on the sill if you can't find it because it will probably go straight through it, Jack it up on the chassis will be fine also. :thumbsup

Reactions: awais318iS

·
Banned
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers again --- MMmm i think il jus go 2 kwik fit and pretend my exhaust is no good - once the car is on the lift - il run out from the reception area and do my stuff.

thats all kwik fit are good for - just use and abuse them - because thats how they treat customers anyway. bunch of money grabbing timewasters...

·
Banned
478 Posts
That works aswell...:hihi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts