BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv recently brought my first BMW 320i cabby, 1997 model, and im thinkin of havin it chipped.....if i do can anyone shine any light as to which is best and power wise, or if its a bad idea please tell me the reasons why. nice 1 peeps:cool

·
Authorised Bimmerforums UK Vendor
1,227 Posts
Iv recently brought my first BMW 320i cabby, 1997 model, and im thinkin of havin it chipped.....if i do can anyone shine any light as to which is best and power wise, or if its a bad idea please tell me the reasons why. nice 1 peeps:cool
Hi mate..

My car i would not.. The N/A car's gain about 10% if your lucky.. You get a bit more responce and power too but not big gains like the boost boy's !

If it was my car get a good cold air filter and cat back system and you will be one happy boy after that !!

Thanks Mike.

PS i can help out with the system lol.. :rofl

·
Platinum BFuk Member
554 Posts
Hi there,

Would the same apply to my E46 330i Touring eg would it be worth chipping it? If not, what are the options and costs for the filter and cat system? I recall testing about 3 different E36 328s at a garage a few years ago and one seemed much more responsive - the guy said it had been chipped. Also, if you do chip the car, do you then have to swap from normal to super unleaded?

Thanks,
Andy

·
Platinum BFuk Member
554 Posts
You have an offer at the moment don't you... Trouble is that work takes me around the country but not to your neck of the woods very often. I doubt you are ever in the South West...

Any chance if I give you my reg that you could hold the price as a good will gesture for when I do finally find myself local to you? Cheeky I know, but if you don't ask you don't get......

Thanks either way, Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.